CommMiniBus (CMB) is committed to maintaining high standards of privacy and data protection for our stakeholders and those we work with.
By visiting cmbus.org or providing your information in the circumstances described below, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is CommMiniBus Ltd, 103C Camley Street, London N1C 4PF.
The information you provide will be held in accordance with GDPR and may be used by CMB and its agents to supply the services which you have requested.
Personal data we collect
You may give us information about you by filling in forms, use the online form on our site, or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our sites, subscribe to our services, purchase tickets, register to receive email updates, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our sites or make a complaint.
The information you give us may include:
• your name
• e-mail address
• phone number
• credit/debit card information
We will not intentionally or systematically seek to collect, store or otherwise use information about you classed as ‘special categories of data’ or ‘sensitive data’ (for example, information relating to any trade union membership, ethnic origin or health).
Information we collect about you from other sources
When you use our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Standard internet log information such as your IP address and visitor behaviour patterns. We use Google Analytics to analyse website traffic. You can get more information about Google’s security and privacy principles and control how your information is used by Google (e.g. for ad personalisation) here.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal information for:
- Provision of Services, including:
- Customer service
- Internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes)
- Improvement of service
- Prevention of fraud and management of accounts
- Optimisation and personalisation of your experience of the Services
- Compliance with our contract, to arrange for rides and payment.
- Analysis and report generation, including developing new features, support service improvements on payments, pricing, routing, for quality of Service review and fraud detection.
- Internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
The lawful bases for our processing of your personal data
Where it is in our legitimate interest to provide confirmations or updates about products or services we provide you with, such as fulfilling your request for rides, participate in events, or help you with advice and support.
Where you have subscribed to receive an email bulletin such as you will have given consent for us store your contact information and to contact you by subscribing. You canunsubscribe at any time from the email itself or by contacting us.
Where we have legal obligations under UK or EU law, such as fraud prevention, the exercise ofconsumer rights, and under equal opportunity responsibilities.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally process your personal information only:
- where we have your consent to do so;
- where the processing is necessary to perform our contract with you; or
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests or those of a third party and such interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- where we have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
Data security and retention
We minimise the amount of personal data we keep about you and the period of time we hold it for. In most cases, we retain records for the length of time that we are legally obliged to do so . In other cases, we apply our retention schedule when we no longer require personal data and ensure its secure deletion or disposal.
We make sure that we don’t collect more personal information than we need in order to carry out our activities and review our practices regularly.
When we use third party services and cloud services to process personal data we take due diligence to make sure that they are reputable and have appropriate data protection practices.
You can contact our Data Protection Lead using one of the following channels:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: CommMiniBus, 103C Camley Street, London N1C 4PF