Coronavirus: Safe journeys ahead
Updated on: 23 September 2020
Amid the coronavirus epidemic, ensuring the health and wellbeing of our passengers, volunteers and staff members is our top priority. We have carried out risk assessment and will adopt stringent cleaning regime to ensure our vehicle will not be the breeding ground of the virus. This is in accordance with the guidelines published by the Department of Transport and Community Transport Association.
In response to these guides and passenger demand, Ability Community Bus in South Northants has successfully re-introduced their service in July. With precautionary measures taken, users who have rejoined their service are feeling safe and are happy to be able to get out and about again. Following Ability’s success, we will adopt similar measures in our service. However, we will need your cooperation to make it happen.
- Masks, gloves and/or face shields to be prepared by passengers;
- Sanitising of vehicle;
- Health declaration and checks over the phone the day before travel;
- Health check carried out for passengers before boarding.
Boarding / During the trip:
- – Temperature / health check, unaided boarding, alighting & seatbelt fastening;
- Reduction of capacity & maintenance of social distance;
- Switching on of extraction fan & opening of windows.
- When required, contact users any coronavirus-related health issues and report to NHS for tracking;
- Extra cleaning of key touch points after each trip.