Are you our next #TransportSuperhero?
Updated on: 21st August 2023
1. Volunteer coordinator
We are now in need of volunteers to keep our services running. We’re looking for individuals with good organisation and communication skills to become our next #TransportSuperhero.
You will be introducing our service to prospective users from isolated communities and help book them in for journeys.
- Location: Wellingborough Office / flexible (home-working possible)
- Communities to serve: Villages in our Brixworth, Haddon, Mawsley and Overstone Zones, and in Corby, East Northants area and around Oundle.
If you would like to speak to us about the role, please contact Ka via firstname.lastname@example.org 07888 011891 or fill in a simple online form:
2. Volunteer minibus drivers (D1 license)
We are now in need of volunteers to enable us to expand our services and keep our existing services running. We’re looking for individuals who are caring and can drive our minibuses comfortably and safely to become our next #TransportSuperhero!
- Vehicle pick-up: Brixworth or Wellingborough
You will be picking up passengers from the isolated communities we serve and carry them to a town and shopping centre, safely, comfortably, and punctually. You will also help to keep accurate records of bus usage and collect fare when needed. To ensure safety and passenger comfort, you will inspect the vehicle before use, report defects and keep it reasonably clean and tidy.
You will be able to help the community and gain satisfaction. You will undergo DBS check and will need excellent driving skills for something a bit larger than a car. Hopefully you will enjoy it, gain some new skills, meet some new people, and have fun on the trips.
In turn of your valuable service, we will provide:
- Out of pocket expenses (including the 45p mileage expense from home to depot, and drink / meal reimbursement for each duty)
- Free travel scheme on our bus routes (e.g. route 80P) for you and one of your dependents / grandchild*.
(*Excluding services operated by minibuses & subject to meeting eligibility criteria.)
If you would like to speak to us about the role, please contact Ka via email@example.com, 07888 011891 or fill in the driver application form below.
3. Trainee / Qualified bus driver (Part-time / Term time only)
Are you a reliable and experienced driver with a passion for ensuring the safety and well-being of students? We are currently seeking a dedicated School Bus Driver to join our team and provide transportation services for the Mawsley School Bus Service. This is a term time only position, offering a competitive salary of approximately £12,300 per annum.
- Safely operate a bus, ensuring the well-being and comfort of student passengers throughout their journey.
- Adhere to all relevant traffic laws, regulations, and safety standards.
- Maintain a clean and tidy bus interior, ensuring it is presentable for passengers.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections to ensure roadworthiness and report any issues to the appropriate authorities.
- Communicate effectively with passengers, parents, and school staff, fostering a positive and respectful environment.
- Hold a valid D licence and Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- Undergo enhanced DBS check.
- Previous experience in PSV operation preferred.
- Excellent driving skills and a strong commitment to passenger safety.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with students, parents, and staff.
Working Hours and Benefits:
- This position operates on a term-time only basis, working hours: Monday to Friday, 07:00 – 09:00 & 15:00 – 17:00.
- The salary for this role is approximately £12,300 per annum (£13/hr from start to finish), subject to experience and qualifications.
- Overtime opportunity available.
- We will provide uniform, holiday pay and necessary training for the position.
- This is a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our passengers living in rural areas.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining our team as a School Bus Driver, please submit your application using the online form below. If you would like to speak to us about the role, please contact Ka via firstname.lastname@example.org, 07888 011891 or fill in the driver application form below.