Last updated: 28/10/2023
What is Shopper Hopper & Haddon Hopper?
Service Q and K are our pre-booked demand-responsive public transport services designed to enable users to access shops and services independently. We have created the Shopper Hopper offered to communities in Brixworth Zone in Northamptonshire, while Haddon Hopper covers Haddon Zone.
Our buses on these services do not have a fixed route or timetable – the most optimal route and timetable is generated in accordance with passenger bookings. By making advance reservation you’re guaranteed a seat before making your way to the bus stop (either a real bus stop or an “unmarked” bus stop in the absence of a convenient bus stop).
1. Who can use the service? How do I pay?
Anyone of any age can use our service by pre-booking.
Bus pass holders are eligible for free off-peak travel. For other passengers, a mileage based fare is charged for every journey – please check with us before booking A £2 single fare is charged across our local services until 30 October 2023.
To use the service, please register by filling in a short registration form.
2. Which communities are you covering?
The following communities in Brixworth Zone are covered by Shopper Hopper service:
Brixworth, Cold Ashby, Cottesbrooke, Creaton, Haselbech, Naseby, Spratton & Thornby
The following communities in Brixworth Zone are covered by Haddon Hopper service:
Coton, East Haddon, Guilsborough, Holdenby, Ravensthorpe, Teeton, Watford & West Haddon
3. When can I use the service? Where can I go?
We have worked with our regular passengers to create a service schedule for them, but everyone can join in, as long as there are available seats.
SHOPPER HOPPER Destinations (Time spent at destination):
- A: Aldi, Overstone (1 hour) + Brixworth (45 minutes)
- B: Weston Favell Centre (1.5 hours) + Brixworth (30 minutes)
Time: Pick-up starts from 09:30. Timetables will be sent to passengers via email or text message on the day before travel.
*Passengers can also request to alight at any intermediate stop (e.g. Brixworth) instead of going to the final destination.
Upcoming Shopper Hopper services (Every Monday):
- November 2023: 06/11 (A), 14/11 (TRIP – to Sixfields), 20/11 (A), 27/11 (B)
HADDON HOPPER Service (With at least 2-hour stay at destinations):
- A: Every 1st, 2nd & 3rd TUESDAY: To Daventry (via Long Buckby Station)
- B: Every 4th THURSDAY: To Rugby (Town Centre / Elliott’s Field / Junction One)
- C: Every 5th week: Trip to a selected destination
Pick-up starts from 09:30. Return from town after 12:30.
Timetables will be sent to passengers via email or text message on the day before travel.
*Passengers can also request to alight at any intermediate stop (e.g. Long Buckby Station) instead of going to the final destination.
Upcoming Haddon Hopper services (Special itinerary in place)
- November 2023: 02/11 (TRIP to Weston Favell Centre), 09/11 (A), 16/11 (A), 23/11 (A), 30/11 (B)
4. Trips to join
Group trips to other destinations or for recreational purposes are operated in Brixworth Zone, see Trips section. Feel free to join them too!
5. How do I book a seat?
6. More about the scheme
Why do you require pre-booking?
- Pre-booking is the requirement under a flexible bus service registration.
- By having this arrangement, we’re able to operate flexibly – we can operate any route within the permitted territory and are therefore able to respond quickly to passenger demand.
- The bus can take the shortest route to the destination, which saves everyone’s time, fuel and it helps reduce pollution!
7. I’m not covered by the service. What should I do?
We’re always looking forward to serving more communities and users!
We’ve written to some Parish Councils inviting them for collaboration. If you think this is an good idea and you want to have it, speak to us or tell your neighbours, or even Councillors! When we have enough users we can operate a service for your community.